Philippines Street Food – AMAZING Filipino Food at Aling Sosing's Carinderia in Manila!
One of the best Filipino food meals you can eat in Manila!
►Subscribe to my channel for more food videos: http://bit.ly/MarkWiensSubscribe
Aling Sosing’s is often considered to be one of the best carinderias, or local Filipino food restaurants, in all of Manila. The crowd that shows up to eat lunch here everyday reinforces the fact that they are no doubt one of the spots you want to be in Manila, if you’re a food lovers. When I was eating in Manila, eating at Aling Sosing’s was certainly among the best local Filipino food restaurants that I tried.
Aling Sosing’s is a very typical type of local street food restaurant, sitting on the corner of a street, near to Makati. Just like most carinderias, all the food is prepared ahead of time, and sits at the front of the restaurant. When you arrive to order, you just simply pick and choose the different dishes that you want to order, find a table, and they will bring you the dishes to your table. Additionally, some of the famous dishes to eat at Aling Sosing’s are off the grill, and you’ll smell the wonderful aroma of the grilling meats the entire time you’re eating, and it’s fantastic.
Ying and I arrived about 11 am on a weekday, and luckily we beat the main lunch traffic, but just barely. There were tables available when we arrived, but as soon as we sat down and order it filled up. Sof if you eat at Aling Sosing’s Carinderia you might want to arrive before the main lunch rush. Additionally, some of the Filipino food dishes sell out fast, and they don’t cook them again for the day – once they are sold out, they are done for the day.
Here are the main Filipino dishes I ordered:
Pinakbet – A stew of mixed vegetables, oftentimes flavored with shrimp paste. This was the best versions of pinakbet I’ve ever had.
Inihaw na tilapia – The grilled tilapia is quite well known at this restaurant. It was simple and delicious.
Inihaw na liempo – The grilled pork belly is one of their signature dishes, and it’s every bit as good and smoky as it looks.
Kaldereta – A Filipino food I love so much is kaldereta, a goat stew, mainly because I love goat so much. It was oily, but really good.
Adobong pusit – I saw the squid the pot and decided to try it out. It was a little on the sweet side.
Pork BBQ – Fresh off the grill, Ying and I ordered some of their pork bbq. The pork was tender and lathered in bbq, it was amazing.
Total price – 640 PHP ($12.90)
If you’re looking for a local Filipino restaurant in Manila that I think serves some of the best Filipino food, Aling Sosing’s is a restaurant you’re going to want to check out. The food is awesome, the setting and positive atmosphere is refreshing, and the constant smoke from the grill will keep your nose happy and wanting more!
Aling Sosing’s Carinderia
Address: Palanan 5819 Zobel Roxas, Palanan Makati City, Philippines
Open hours: 8 am – 6 pm from Monday – Saturday
Camera gear I use:
Main camera: http://amzn.to/2dEL3hv
Main lens: http://amzn.to/2e5Lum6
2nd camera: http://amzn.to/2mczuDx
2nd lens: http://amzn.to/2mcEGau
*These are Amazon affiliate links
I would love to connect with you!
T-shirts available now: https://migrationology.com/store/
Subscribe to my channel for more delicious food videos: http://bit.ly/MarkWiensSubscribe
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- Manila's BEST Street Food Guide – FILIPINO FOOD in Quiapo + Binondo | Street Food in The Philippines
- FILIPINO FOOD TOUR in LA’s Filipinotown! DIY BBQ & Best STREET FOOD
- ULTIMATE FILIPINO FOOD FEAST in LITTLE MANILA New York!
- Top 10 Filipino Food: Most Popular Food in Philippines (Famous Filipino Food)
- 4 Amazing Sauces of Filipino Street Food | ANG SARAP GRABE
- Cooking Spaghetti Sauce Filipino Style in the Philippines
- Ultimate FILIPINO FOOD Feast in San Diego, California
- 24 Hours of Only FILIPINO Food in Korea pt.1
- Filipino Food 101 with Jo Koy | Sean in the Wild
- The ULTIMATE FILIPINO FOOD TOUR THROUGH LA! | Fung Bros
- Reviving the Filipino Food Revolution in Los Angeles | NBCLA
- Pirated DVD in the Philippines…. The Cheap Low Cost Video..But it's just wrong …It's illegal….
- Filipino Listening Practice – Buying Shirts in a Sale in Philippines
- Lumpia Wrappers Filipino Food
- Filipino Food Tshirt