Filipino Friday: Drafting and Sewing the Butterfly / Filipiniana Sleeves
How to make butterfly sleeves found on the Filipiniana dress!
1:2 ratio of cornstarch mixed in hot water
Traditional starch for the butterfly sleeves is more like a paste, but I opted for a “lighter” version.
Patterns for the Filipino Dress (From the Traje the Mestiza to the Terno)
For more pictures of my sewing:
Kawai Kitsune by Kevin MacLeod
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- Filipino Dress With Butterfly Sleeve
- Filipino Butterfly Real Knife
- Pinay teen turns heads after wearing traditional Filipiniana gown to prom
- Kultura Filipino Filipiniana Gowns Collection
- Flag/ Fan Friday PHILIPPINES (Geography Now!)
- Native Filipino's Images in Late 1800s- Early 1900s / Traditional Baro't Saya / Filipiniana Dress
- Reviving Traditional Fashion Tarnished by a Dictator
- ✨🇵🇭 TRYING FILIPINO CANDY & SWEETS | What is the best Filipino Sweet (Choconut!? Stick-Os!?)✨🇵🇭
- Filipino License Frame
- Filipino License Plate
- Mom's 1960 Filipino Gown | Something Borrowed, Something New
- TRYING FILIPINO SNACKS PT 2 (MUKBANG)
- Filipino License Plate Frame
- Sticker Con MNL 2020 (sticker enthusiasts' convention)
- Ways To Style: A Barong??? | 5 Outfits