FILIPINO COOKBOOK REVIEW ft. Allie Cuerdo, Keesa Ocampo & PJ Quesada | Kitchen Conversations
Published documentation on Filipino cuisine has shaped the identity of our nation’s kitchens. If we wrote an inclusive and diverse set of cookbooks, what could that mean for how we will self-identify?
Filipino Food Movement founder & chairperson PJ Quesada chats with Allie Cuerdo, director of Ulam: The Movie (now on Amazon Prime) and co-author of AMBOY: Recipes from the Filipino-American Dream and 2-time Emmy Award-winning producer, writer, and director Keesa Ocampo who co-authors Cuisinero – Taste the Philippines. Two women in the media dive deep into telling stories about Filipino cuisine and globalization.
CUISINERO: Co-written with award-winning author and publisher Flavel Monteiro, featuring the Middle East’s top two Filipino chefs, John Buenaventura and patissier Nouel Omamalin. E-Book drops on August 15th online, with proceeds supporting Filipino-American chefs & restaurants and education scholarships of indigenous children in Mindanao and child victims of sex trafficking
AMBOY: Co-written with Alvin Cailan, chef at The Usual in NYC who first grabbed nationwide attention with the wildly popular Eggslut in LA. Alvin is now focusing on his true passion: bolstering the modern Filipino food movement. He is the host of the popular The Burger Show on YouTube. Book launches on August 25.
This was filmed during a global quarantine via Zoom for the Pistahan Virtual Parade & Festival in 2020. So pardon any interruptions.
CONNECT WITH US!
Source video. Follow the youtuber for more.
- Filipino Cuisine Cookbook
- Filipino Kitchen Cookbook
- Discover the cookbooks that made an impact to some of your favorite chefs on Bite Me: Write Now
- Eggslut creator releases new Filipino-American cookbook: Amboy
- The Filipino-american Kitchen
- Filipino American Kitchen
- Filipino American Cookbook
- Filipino Food Cookbook
- Reviving the Filipino Food Revolution in Los Angeles | NBCLA
- Book Review | Modern Filipino Writers And Why We Should Read Their Books
- KOREANS REACT TO FILIPINO SNACKS ft. Jaewon Kim (김재원), Big Boss (김요한), Jessie (제씨) [ENG SUB]
- Filipino Cuisine
- Instant Pot Asian Cookbook Presentation with Author Pat Tanumihardja
- I made a 3 course meal following a Disney Princess Cookbook!
- A Filipino Kitchen
Last update 2021-01-05. Price and product availability may change.